Categories

Thursday 22 September 2011

Japanese BBQ


I am a big fan of Japanese cuisine and luckily we have plenty excellent Japanese restaurants in Hong Kong!   Iroha have branches all over Japan specializes in yakiniku (Japanese BBQ). For a small number of diners, I would recommend their dinner set for two which includes pickled vegetable, a platter of high quality beef, bacon, seafood and root vegetables.

I enjoy a meal with a bit of interaction – I know you are sort of cooking your own dinner at this kind of restaurants but it’s more intimate and generally the smoke and the smell create a great atmosphere!  I especially like the tatami style tables in Iroha's Tsim Sha Tsui Branch, it has a very authentic taste of Japan.

My favourite dish of the night was the black pork marinated in ginger and scallions. Bacon in particular tastes really nice on a Barbie and as the pieces of meat are in bite-size and thinly sliced. I can indulge myself without feeling guilty of eating too much. 



No comments:

Post a Comment